Hotel Posta
WhatsappTelefono
en
WhatsappTelefonoBookBook
WhatsappTelefonoBookBook
Hotel Posta 01 Hero Storia
Hotel Posta 01 Hero Storia

History

Hotel Posta
History

From the seat of Capitano del Popolo to a lovely 4-star hotel

Hotel Posta 02 Storia

The history of Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo began way back, in 1280, when it was built to become the seat of the new figure elected to govern the city.

Over time, the building was home to several Capitani del Popolo. In 1515 it was transformed into Bona ac Capace Hostaria, and since then it has never been anything but a place of hospitality. Today it houses Hotel Posta and safeguards the memory of an ancient and fascinating past. It is one of Italy’s oldest hotels. Since 2011 it has been a member of the historical registry of businesses of the Italian Chamber of Commerce.

DownloadLearn more
Hotel Posta 03 Storia

Our history in a nutshell

1280

The building that today is Hotel Posta was built to become the seat of the Capitano del Popolo, the new figure elected to govern the city.

1327

With the advent of Signorie, power was first held by the Gonzaga, then the Visconti, followed by the Terzi, and finally by the Este.

History Block 1

1600 - 1900

Over the centuries, through rental contracts and changes of ownership, the building has been managed by many different people, but it has never been anything other than a place of hospitality.

1919

Eugenio Terrachini acquired the Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo. The building, which had been restructured several times over the years, no longer looked like the original construction, and was covered by a thick layer of plaster.

Block 2

1990s - present day

The new generations of the Sidoli Terrachini family have been managing the hotel uninterruptedly.

1463 - 1472

Sigismondo d’Este, the brother of Borso, was the last person to live in the Palazzo as the city’s representative.

1500

The building was abandoned. The Commune decided to rent out the upper floors to the Baldicelli degli Scaruffi brothers, to use them as a Bona Ac Capace Hostaria for travellers.

Block 3

1930

Engineer Guido Tirelli was entrusted with the project of demolition of the existing building and building of a new one in its place. However, the Superintendence ordered the plaster to be removed and beneath it important remains of the old architecture were discovered. Eugenio Terrachini, together with his son, Pablo, were made to fully recover the medieval building.

1986/1987

Mariacarla Terrachini, the third generation of Terrachini who own the building, was entrusted with the task of coordinating the project to renew the interior of the building, restore the old Sala delle Adunanze (Assembly Hall), and refresh the outside of the construction. Hotel Posta began a new phase of its existence, bumping up from 3 to 4 stars.

Block 4

1280

The building that today is Hotel Posta was built to become the seat of the Capitano del Popolo, the new figure elected to govern the city.

1327

With the advent of Signorie, power was first held by the Gonzaga, then the Visconti, followed by the Terzi, and finally by the Este.

History Block 1

1463 - 1472

Sigismondo d’Este, the brother of Borso, was the last person to live in the Palazzo as the city’s representative.

1500

The building was abandoned. The Commune decided to rent out the upper floors to the Baldicelli degli Scaruffi brothers, to use them as a Bona Ac Capace Hostaria for travellers.

Block 3

1600 - 1900

Over the centuries, through rental contracts and changes of ownership, the building has been managed by many different people, but it has never been anything other than a place of hospitality.

1919

Eugenio Terrachini acquired the Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo. The building, which had been restructured several times over the years, no longer looked like the original construction, and was covered by a thick layer of plaster.

Block 2

1930

Engineer Guido Tirelli was entrusted with the project of demolition of the existing building and building of a new one in its place. However, the Superintendence ordered the plaster to be removed and beneath it important remains of the old architecture were discovered. Eugenio Terrachini, together with his son, Pablo, were made to fully recover the medieval building.

1986/1987

Mariacarla Terrachini, the third generation of Terrachini who own the building, was entrusted with the task of coordinating the project to renew the interior of the building, restore the old Sala delle Adunanze (Assembly Hall), and refresh the outside of the construction. Hotel Posta began a new phase of its existence, bumping up from 3 to 4 stars.

Block 4

1990s - present day

The new generations of the Sidoli Terrachini family have been managing the hotel uninterruptedly.

Events and meetings
Rooms and suites
Hotel Posta
Old town Reggio Emilia
Piazza del Monte 2,
42121 Reggio Emilia, Italia
Phone
+39 0522 43 29 44
Follow us on
Associazione Dimore Storiche Italiane
Historical Fashion Hotels
Teritoria
Rete Imprese Italia
© 2023 Hotel Posta All Rights Reserved.
VAT 01204160350
Privacy PolicyCompany dataCookie preferences
webdesignQNT Hospitality
A family history
Hotel Posta
Hotel Posta - centro storico Reggio Emilia
Albergo Reggio
Dependance dell’Hotel Posta - Reggio Emilia
Agriturismo Cavazzone
Agriturismo con camere e ristorante - Viano (RE)
Villa Levi Terrachini
Location per eventi e ricevimenti - Reggio Emilia